Tuesday, May 10, 2016

trying to blog more regularly

I am listening to the Jon Stewart interview found here as I type this. I was not as big a fan of Stewart as many of my peers while he was on the air. The simple fact is that I laughed much more at Colbert than at Stewart during the 2000s. I still miss Better Know a District. Stewart's show was sometimes funny, usually when his correspondents had things to do. All that said, he is in good form here.

Lately, I've returned to the idea of blogging regularly about politics. It will require some time to acquire a blogging voice. I committed myself to not posting about the primaries during 2015 and 2016, and I think that may have been a mistake. The utter foolishness I heard and read drove me crazy, and bottling up my incredulity may have taken a few years off of my life.

I will leave for Greece again on May 23rd and I hope to write more about what I see while I am there. Between now and then, I will be e-mailing folks in Greece in hopes of lining up some interviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment